This fair isle coat called to me as it provided an opportunity to utilize my scrap stash of worsted weight. Using my stash of scrap is becoming increasingly enjoyable to me. This particular project allowed leftovers from eight different projects to be used up. Pretty much each row called for 2 colors so in preparing the color scheme for this, I paired, then re-paired, again and again to see what color combinations I would like best in the various fair isle stripes. I had just enough of the same yarn for the garter stitch borders and I will admit, I was pretty lucky there.
- Pattern: Vogue Knitting, Fall 2013
- Designer: Yoko Hatta (風工房)
- Yarn: scraps of worsted weight
- Photo location: in front of a near by school. The beautiful blossoming cherry tree caught our attention.
- Elements of design: fair isle, cardigan coat
more details here